In today’s digital-first world, enterprises need to accelerate their tech adoption to maintain a competitive edge. However, they need to address critical challenges including disruption of existing models and the need for agility in a fluid business environment.
Global In-house Centers (GICs) and in turn, the Managed GICs have become a key enabler in overcoming these roadblocks and driving tech adoption in large enterprises.
Let’s look at how MGICs can help in enabling digital for your enterprise.
1. MGIC helps enterprises become digitally ready
GICs started out as outsourcing hubs focused on IT shared services support. Today, GICs have evolved to become partners in strategic decisions, deliver technology skills at scale, and drive product innovation at a cost advantage.
Today, GIC service providers support their global enterprise clients to address the challenges of the new business landscape in the following ways:
- Stay on top of new trends and conceptualize new service offerings. The resilience, innovative and adaptive nature of GICs makes it possible for addressing the uncertain and volatile business environment of the post-pandemic world. GICs can innovate rapidly and come up with unique and improved iterations on new product and service development.
- Offer remote support. GICs enable access to global talent due to the increased digitalization and the evolution of the way we work. With the extent of hybrid work environment fast becoming the norm, GICs continue to offer critical remote support round the clock to global enterprises.
2. MGICs enabling digital transformation
GICs have traditionally always helped in cost savings. Enterprises have been establishing GICs as cost arbitrage centers, in order to access and run processes at a much lower cost. The enhanced role of GIC as digital enablers and innovation hubs offers new possibilities. GICs now maximize their efficiency andd explore new opportunities for the enterprise.
GICs enable enterprises to re-structure their operational processes and help adopt next-gen digital technology. In order to facilitate the post-pandemic hybrid work culture, enterprises require scalable digital systems built for distributed workforces. This makes the enterprise agile, adaptive and resilient in times of crisis and increases efficiency. Digital transformation enables all this and more for your organization. And digital transformation is easier said than done.
The new, reimagined GICs lead the digital transformation initiatives for their enterprise clients. These remote digital transformation centers help with strategic IT talent and resources to enable rapid growth in a sustainable model.
Over the last decade, several global MNCs have set up captive GIC centers in India. Most of these centers now help their enterprises drive digital transformation and innovation at a cost advantage.
3. Overcoming IT Talent Management issues
Recruiting top IT talent is a daunting task. There’s fierce competition for the best and brightest, and it’s a challenge to find candidates with the perfect mix of skills and experience.
The war for IT talent is real, and it’s only going to get tougher as the demand for tech professionals continues to outpace the available supply.
The pace of change has been overriding the pace of learning. Skill-shortage has resulted in many companies being unable to go in for digital transformation initiatives or adopt new technology. It has also escalated HR costs, making many projects unviable financially. And what’s worse is that many studies indicate that the digital skill gap that exists today will deepen further.
Here’s where the Managed GIC model can help. GICs help organizations resolve the IT talent shortage and enable technology adoption in a cost-effective manner.
GICs leverage resources and talent to roll out innovative and state-of-the-art products. GICs attract a rich talent pool at much lower rates compared to accessing the same talent locally.
GICs can hire and reskill their workforce with niche skills in next-gen technology including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cloud adoption, data analytics, and other emerging technologies. They focus on:
- Lateral hiring and strategic IT talent management to expand their talent pool.
- Empowering employees by building hybrid skills capabilities and creating a continuous learning culture to keep up with the rapid changes. New-age skills are not only limited to the technical domain. It consists of a mix of creativity, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
How can we help?
Outsourcing is a rocky road, if undertaken without care. The key to increasing cost benefit, and reducing internal chaos, is to entrust the setup & operations to an expert. With a model like Managed GIC, the risks are minimized, and benefits easily maximized.
At Systems Plus, we have been providing Managed GIC, also commonly known as Virtual Captive solutions, to our clients for more than a decade. Our Virtual Captive model takes out all the pain points of a legacy outsourcing model, making it the go-to outsourcing format for enterprises of any size and scale.
Reach out to us for a free consultation along with a free price comparison matrix tailored to your skill needs.